Party On at Bruff R.F.C.
The Heat, the sweat, girls with their hands around the waist of some guy they’ve met for the first time ten minutes before, tearing off a piece of cloth barely held together with Velcro. The lovely smell of barbecued beef, chips , the long cold drinks, the tanned legs, the glistening bodies, the panting, the heavy breathing, followed by the late night, the live band, the pounding music at the disco and finally tumbling into the bed or the tent in the small hours……
No, we’re not talking some hot sweaty party night in Ibiza, this is a lot closer to home, It’s the Third Bull N’ Booze tag rugby festival and it’s almost upon us again. We kick off on the evening of Friday 25th of July with the welcome party and continue with the main event on Saturday 26th of July.
This year we’ve taken it a bit further with the attack of the raging “Bucking Bronco” Bull and the addition of the oldest martial art form in the world (albeit with a bit of padding for protection), you’ve guessed it, it’s the “Sumo Wrestling suits”, where you can try to give someone the “Attack of a thousand slaps” if you could only get your hands on them.
To be sure that you’re in with a chance to be involved, drop in on the www.bruffrfc.com homepage and download the entry form (To make it even easier there’s a link directly from the top of the web page). Print off the form and either email or post it back to the address on it. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or else just ring Gráinne on 087-9312817. It really is as easy as that. Be quick though, we’re closing fast on our target, but if you don’t get your team entered in time, be sure to drop in for the entertainment, we’ll be going until the really early (Or late) hours.
Full list of activities as follows:
Friday, July 25:
* 6pm campsite opens
* Teams arrive and check into accommodation
* 9.30pm welcome party at local pub in Bruff main street
* Advance team registration available.
* Live music venue at ‘Clancy’s Yard’
Saturday, July 26
* 1pm team registration and captains’ briefing
* 2-6pm Tag rugby blitz (Each teams plays min. 4 games and max. 6 games)
* 7-9pm Live music on the pitch
* Big big barbeque
* The Bucking Bronco Bull – Try your skills on the rodeo bull
* If the Bull don’t get ya then the ‘Sumo Suits’ will finish the job.
* Heineken Cup trophy shows up and poses for photos
* 9pm prizegiving by special guest
* If you’re still standing at this stage (Tough aren’t ya?) then we’ll try to finish you off with the famous “AfterShock, Aftertag” celebration party with live band “Intrigue”
* For the really, truly fit, there is a disco and karaoke afterwards till late…
* Shuttle bus serving nominated local guest accommodation (list available)
* Bar and barbeque available all day
If you have the guts, we have the balls, come and join us…