Constitution/Rules for Bruff Rugby Football club.
1. The club shall be called the “Bruff Rugby Football club”, hereinafter called “The Club”.
2. The club wishes to retain its status as an amateur club. No member shall be paid to play the game of Rugby Football.
3. Nothing in the rules of the club shall prevent the executive committee employing, under such terms as it shall think fit, any person to aid in the running of the clubs affairs.
4. The objects of the club are to promote and encourage Rugby Football and to provide social amenities for the members.
5. The colours of the club be yellow and maroon jersey, with white shorts and maroon socks.
6. Membership of the club shall be for a period of not less than one year.
7. The executive committee may make provisions for the enrolment of juveniles and youths as playing members of the club and make appropriate bye-laws from time to time governing such enrolment.
8. A candidate for membership of the club other than juvenile membership must be proposed and seconded by two paid members and the name and address of the person proposed as a member of the club shall be displayed on a conspicuous place on the club premises for at least a week before elections and an interval of not less than two weeks shall elapse between nomination and election of such members.
9. The club has a strict policy of social inclusion. We will not deny anybody access to the club on the grounds of sex, religion, ethnic origin or disability without just, reasonable and proper cause.
10. Members of the club shall be elected by the executive committee with one dissent in four to exclude.
11. The receipt of the applicant of a membership card shall be considered an intimation to an applicant that the applicant has been duly elected as a member of the club and that the applicant hereby undertakes to abide by the rules of the club, a copy of which shall be supplied to the applicant.
12. That the annual subscription for membership to be reviewed annually and payable in advance.
13. Any member whose annual subscription is in arrears on January 1st following the commencement of the season shall not be eligible to participate in games of any section of the club or to participate in any of the privileges attached to membership.
14. The executive committee shall have discretionary powers to reinstate to membership under such terms as it shall think fit, any person whose membership shall have lapsed under rule 13.
15. In addition to members subscriptions the executive committee may collect donations from well wishers of the club and may organise fund raising activities by way of loans, tournaments, raffles concerts etc. in aid of the club’s finances.
16. That the business and affairs of the club be managed by a committee of 28 shall consist of President who may also be chairman of the club, Vice-Presidents, the Captains of all adult XV’s, Honorary Secretary, Assistant Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Assistant Honorary Treasurer, Fixtures Secretary, Teams secretaries of all adult XV’s, Branch Delegate, Deputy Branch Delegate, Membership Secretary and ten members who shall be elected annually at the annual general meeting of the club. All the business of the club except the making of rules shall be transacted by the general committee. That the elected committee be empowered to co-opt additional members should need arise notwithstanding the foregoing 5 members of the committee required to form a quorum.
17. That the officers and committee be elected by ballot at the Annual General meeting. That the team selection committees for all adult teams be elected annually at the Annual General meeting and that committees would consist of no less than three and no more than five members, and that the club committee shall have the power to co-opt members on to such selection committees as required.
18. That the selection committees appointed annually by the general committee shall select the teams for matches.
19. All members who are over the age of eighteen on the first of January, preceding the Annual General Meeting and whose subscriptions at the prescribed rate are not in arrears shall be eligible to vote on all matters only appearing on the agenda of a General meeting.
20. The executive committee shall have the power to acquire premises and grounds (of whatever tenure) for the benefit of the members. The assets and property of the club shall be vested in five of trustees, who shall at all times be subject to the guidance of the committee in dealing with the property of the club. Each trustee will hold office for life or until he or she resigns. On the death or resignation of a trustee the vacancy shall be filled at the next annual general meeting. Proposals for the filling of the vacancy shall reach the honorary secretary in time for inclusion in the agenda for Annual general meeting. The name of the proposer and seconder shall accompany such notice. Nothing in this rule shall preclude the trustees from allowing any monies which come into the hands of the committee to be retained by it, or retained under its control either in hand or in Bank and to be applied by it for the purpose of the club. No personal liability shall attach to any trustee or trustees except to the extent of such property of the club as shall actually be received by him her or them.
21. The executive committee shall have the power to operate the banking account or accounts of the club or to delegate such power to any member or members as it deems fit.
22. Should any member of the executive committee resign, or his position otherwise lapse the executive committee shall have the power to fill the vacancy by co-opting from the body of the voting membership.
23. Any member of the committee who shall have absented himself from five consecutive meetings without reasonable explanation shall be deemed to have resigned from the executive committee.
24. The executive committee shall have the power to expel or suspend any member of the club whose actions are, in the opinion of the committee, prejudicial to the interest of the club. Such members shall have the right to appeal to a special general meeting as provided in rules.
25. The executive committee shall have the power to make such bye-laws as they may consider necessary for the proper control and management of the club. Alterations, deletions or additions to such bye-laws may be made only at the following Annual General meeting or at a special general meeting called for the purpose.
26. The executive committee shall meet at least once monthly during the rugby playing season and at least once a month otherwise. Each member of the club shall have the right to be heard by the executive committee upon any complaint or representation sent by him in writing to the honorary secretary.
27. A special meeting of the executive committee may be called by the honorary secretary as the occasion demands. A special meeting of the executive committee shall be called within three days of the receipt by the honorary secretary of the requisition duly signed by six members of the executive committee and setting the purpose for which the special meeting is required.
28. GENERAL MEETING. Not less than seven days notice of all general meetings, annual or special, shall be given by the honorary secretary to all members of the club.
29. A chairman of a general meeting, executive committee or any sub-committee shall have a casting vote in addition to his vote as a member.
30. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING. The annual general meeting of the club shall be held not later than 31st May, as arranged by the Executive Committee.
31. All motions and nominations must be in the hands of the honorary Secretary seven days before the date of the Annual General Meeting.
32. The following business shall be transacted at the annual general meeting:
(a) The secretary shall submit a report of the proceedings of the club for the preceding year.
(b) Correct accounts and books shall be kept showing the financial affairs and receipts disbursements of the club and the honorary treasurer shall submit the accounts which are duly submitted for the twelve months ended the 30th April.
(c) Election of officers, Branch representatives, executive committee and sub-committees.
(d) General Business.
33. A special general meeting of the club shall be called by the honorary secretary within fourteen days if directed by the executive committee or demanded in writing by not less than ten voting members who in their requisition shall state the object of such meeting. No other business shall be conducted thereat.
34. A fee of €50.00 shall accompany the requisition by members calling for such meeting which fee shall be forfeited by them to the funds of the club if the matter be considered frivolous by the majority of those present and voting.
35. Fifteen members entitled to vote shall constitute a quorum at a general or special meeting of the club and five shall constitute a quorum at a meeting of the executive committee.
36. The executive committee may delegate to sub-committees the organisation and control of any functions of the club or executive committee the executive committee deems necessary to aid in the running of the club.
37. A visitor shall not be supplied with excisable liquor in the club premises unless on the invitation and in the company of a member, and any such member shall, upon the admission of such visitor to the club premises or immediately on his being supplied with such liquor, enter his own name and the name and address of the visitor in a book which shall be kept for the purpose and which shall show the date of such visit. No excisable liquor shall be sold or supplied to any person under eighteen years of age.
38. No excisable liquor shall be supplied for consumption on the club premises to any person (other than a member of the club lodging in the club premises) or to be consumed on the club premises by any person (other than a member of the club lodging in the premises):
(a) On any week-day before the hour of half past ten o’ clock in the morning or:
(1) During a period of summer time after the hour of eleven o’ clock in the evening.
(2) During a period which is not a period of summertime, after the hour of eleven o’ clock in the evening.
(b) On any Sunday, before the hour or half past twelve o’ clock in the afternoon or between the hours of two o’ clock and four o’ clock in the afternoon or after the hour of eleven o’ clock in the evening.
(c) On St. Patrick’s day, where that day falls on a weekday, before the hour of half past twelve o’clock in the afternoon or after the hour of twelve o’ clock in the evening, or
(d) At any time on Christmas Day or Good Friday.
39. Nothing contained in these rules will operate or prohibit the supplying for consumption on the club premises any excisable liquor on the club premises by any person:
(a) During the period of summer time between the hours of half past eleven o’ clock in the evening on any week-day and half past twelve o’ clock in the morning of the following day, or:
(b) During a period which is not a period of summertime, between the hours of eleven o’ clock in the evening on a weekday and half past twelve.
(c) On any Sunday, between the hours of two o’ clock and three o’ clock in the afternoon, or:
(d) On Christmas Day, between the hours of one o’ clock and three o’clock in the afternoon or the hours of seven o’ clock and ten o’ clock in the evening,
If, in each case , the excisable liquor is :
(i) Ordered by that person at the time as a substantial meal is ordered by him,
(ii) Consumed at the same time as and with the meal
(iii) Supplied and consumed in the portion of the club usually set apart for such meals, and
(iv) Paid for at the same time as the meal is paid for.
40. No excisable liquor shall be sold or supplied for consumption outside the premises of the club except to members of the club, between the hours of 8 o’ clock in the morning and 10 o’ clock at night.
41. No persons shall be allowed to become honorary or temporary members of the club or be relieved of the payment of the regular subscription.
42. No excisable liquor shall be sold to any person under the age of eighteen years.
43. No person other than a member shall be entitled to receive refreshment in the clubhouse except on the invitation and in the company of a member.
44. The supply of wines, spirits, beers and intoxicating excisable liquor to the club members shall be controlled by the executive committee on the behalf of the members.
45. In addition to these rules and clauses the regulations embodied in the registration of club’s act, 1904 and the intoxicating liquor acts amending and extending the same shall be deemed to be the rules of the club.
46. ALTERNATIONS OF RULES: alternations and additions to the foregoing rules may be made at any annual general meeting or at a special general meeting called for the purpose, providing that the resolution proposing same is carried by a vote of two thirds of the members present and voting.
47. Members deciding to propose alternations or additions to these rules must send notice of the proposed alternations or additions in writing to the honorary secretary not later than fourteen days before the annual general or may do so by calling a special meeting as provided for in the rules.
48. The executive committee shall have the power of deciding all questions not provided for in these rules, subject to appeal to a general meeting.
49. Reasonable Vouched for Travel expenses may be paid to players of the club where warranted for exceptional circumstances and where afforded by the executive committee as has been the practice since the club was formed.
50. The term of office of President of the club shall not exceed two consecutive years.
51. Any reference in these rules to the male shall be applicable to the female.
52. These rules shall be subordinate to and in compliance with the registration of clubs acts 1904 to 1995 or as may be amended and extended and if there is any conflict between these rules and the registration of clubs acts or any amendments thereunder then the registration of clubs acts are to be preferred.
53. Not more than 20% of tickets for any Home 6 nations or Home Munster game shall be exchanged by the Executive committee in return for sponsorship.